Last Updated: December 19, 2018
2. General Terms
- BidAvio.com. may be referred to as "BidAvio," “we,” “our,” or “us.”
- We call a user of the BidAvio Platform a “User,” or collectively, the “Users.”
- "You" and "your" refer to an individual User of the BidAvio Platform.
- The community platform that we offer at our website (www.BidAvio.com and local variants including www.BidAvio.co.uk) is referred to as the “Site.”
- The platform and related services provided by BidAvio, the Site and mobile applications (whether on iOS or Android), including without limitation information provided by BidAvio to potential and actual Users in relation to the services, together are called the “BidAvio Platform.”
3. Users Outside Of The U.S.
3(a) Important Information for Users Outside of the U.S. – Transfer of Data
Right of access
You have a legal right to request a copy of the personal information that we have about you. You also have a right to correct, amend or delete such personal information.
Resolution of disputes and complaint mechanism
BidAvio commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If European Union citizens have any queries related to the processing of your personal information, we encourage you to contact us directly in the first instance at: privacy@BidAvio.com.
Disclosure of EU personal data to public authorities and law enforcement agencies
BidAvio may be required to share your personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities.
3(b) EU users and our lawful bases for using your data
Data protection law in Europe contains a number of "lawful bases," which are legal justifications for allowing organisations like us to have your personal information in the first place. We have been careful to ensure we have a lawful basis for using all EU user data. Our lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver access to the BidAvio Platform. For example, if you are a Client looking for a Supplier to carry out work at your office, we need your address so we can communicate the request to Suppliers in the approximate area and tell the Supplier you choose where s/he needs to go.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes the law says we need to collect and use your data. For example, we might pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interests: this is a technical term in data protection law which really means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not materially impact your interests and rights. We sometimes require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that might reasonably be expected as part of running our business. For example, we will send you promotional communications about our service, subject to your legal rights to opt-out. We also analyse how Users interact with our Site and the BidAvio Platform so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to develop and improve the quality of the online experience we offer all our Users.
4. Information Received By BidAvio
Personal Information BidAvio collects certain information such as your name, address, approximate geographic location of your computer or mobile device, telephone number, email address and bank account and other Financial Information if you voluntarily choose to share such information with BidAvio. We do require that you furnish this information when you register with us as a Supplier or a Client, because we need the information in order to provide the BidAvio Platform. When you register your account, and through communications transmitted through our Site and your use of the BidAvio mobile application, we collect information including your name, address, phone number and email address. You also may choose to send BidAvio personal information in an email message containing inquiries about the BidAvio Platform. Certain offerings of the BidAvio Platform, such as newsletters, surveys, contests, and the like are optional and so you are not required to enter them or to give us your data in connection with them. Where you do choose to enter them, we will use your data to operate and manage the survey, contest or similar in connection with our legitimate interest in promoting our business and the BidAvio Platform.
Cookies and Other Technologies. When you visit websites on the Internet, your browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit throughout every visit, including ours. In a similar way, when you use our mobile applications, we will access and use mobile device IDs to recognise your device. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and equivalent techniques through our mobile applications to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk.
We utilize persistent cookies that only BidAvio can read and use, and access mobile device IDs:
- to save your login information for future logins to the BidAvio Platform;
- to assist in processing items during checkout;
- to hold sessioninformation; and
We utilize session ID cookies and similar technologies:
- to enable certain features of the BidAvio Platform;
- to better understand how you interact with the Site and the BidAvio Platform;
- to monitor usage by our Users and web traffic routing on the BidAvio Platform;
- to identify visited areas of the BidAvio Platform.
Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the BidAvio Platform and then close your browser.
Third party advertisers on the Site may also place or read cookies on your browser, and we may use Flash cookies (or local shared objects) to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on the Site to personalize your visit.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you will not be able to use all portions or all functionalities of the BidAvio Platform.
We and our service providers may also use "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means in connection with the BidAvio Platform and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns, and to compile statistics about Site usage and response rates. We also engage one or more third party service providers to serve online advertisements on our behalf.
Device Information. When you visit and interact with the BidAvio Platform or the Site, BidAvio may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of computer or mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, your operating system, the type of Internet browser(s) you use, and information about the way you use the BidAvio Platform (“Device Information”). We may use Device Information to monitor the regions from which Users navigate the Site or the BidAvio Platform and for security and fraud prevention purposes. Tools with the goal of anonymizing certain Device Information (like the TOR network) are forbidden on the BidAvio Platform. While we respect your right to hide this information, we believe that doing so is in conflict with the spirit of our platform and our desire to host an open and honest marketplace. Use of such tools hampers the functionalities of the BidAvio Platform.
Identity Verification. We may collect personal information, such as your date of birth, taxpayer identification number, and address, to validate your identity or conduct background checks (“Identity Information”).
Location Information. When you visit the BidAvio Platform via a mobile application, we use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city you are located in and display a location map to improve service for our Users. We will not share your current location obtained in this manner with other Users. If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
Public Areas. Your profile on the BidAvio Platform consists of information about you, and may include personal information, photographs, work history, skills, hourly pay rates, feedback/rating information, and other information, including your username (“Profile”). The information in your Profile may be visible to all Users and the general public subject to the privacy choices you make within your Profile. If you choose to post a Request via the BidAvio Platform, the contents of such listing will be publicly viewable.
5. BidAvio's Use of Personal Information
BidAvio uses Personal Information (including Identity Information and Financial Information) for the following purposes:
- To operate and make available the BidAvio Platform. We use your data to connect you with other Users in order to enable the posting of, and completion of Tasks;
- For billing and fraud prevention, on the basis of our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Clients and providers can meet and conduct business;
- To conduct identification, authentication, and background checks on Users, in order to advance our legitimate interests in ensuring the safety of our Users;
- To analyze Site usage as necessary for our legitimate interest in improving the BidAvio Platform to grow our business;
- To contact you and deliver (via email, SMS, push notifications, or otherwise) administrative notices, marketing notifications, offers and communications relevant to your use of the BidAvio Platform as necessary for our legitimate interests in proper communication and engagement with our Users and in promoting our business;
- To provide you with customer support in order to fulfill our contracts with Users;
- For internal market research, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity for our legitimate interests in ensuring a safe and secure environment in which Users can meet;
- To assist Users in the resolution of complaints and disputes between them, as necessary for our legitimate interests in facilitating good relations among Users;
- To enforce our Terms of Service in our legitimate interests in ensuring our rights are complied with; and,
Analytics and Market Research.BidAvio may analyze your information and web navigational data based on your interests, and may use the analysis from this information in a way that doesn’t reveal a name, email address or other "real-world" identity (“Market Analysis”) in order to market the BidAvio Platform, improve the likelihood of a sale to a group of potential Users, and increase the likelihood that a group's experience with the BidAvio Platform is relevant to its interests as a whole, as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
BidAvio uses information to sell services to Users who express an interest in these services, through a poll for example, or to Users who can be presumed to have an interest based on results from our Market Analysis. We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing an engaging and relevant experience, promoting our services, and growing our business.
Financial Information. We use Financial Information solely as authorized by you in order to operate the BidAvioPlatform.We do this as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our platform and services. To keep your financial data secure, we do not store full credit card information on our servers. We have contracted with a third party to process your payment card information.
6. With Whom Does BidAvio Share Information?
Third Party Agents. To operate the BidAvio Platform, including processing your transactions, we may share your information with our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers (“Agents”) so they can provide us with support services as follows:
- Email origination,
- Identity/background check requirements
- To otherwise help us provide the BidAvio Platform, including all of the things described in the preceding section.
Other Users.BidAvio facilitates contact between Clients and Providers and reserves the right to share a Provider’s contact information (e.g. phone number, or email and postal address) with a Client and vice versa, or with their legal or other representative, in order to facilitate the resolution of a dispute related to or arising from an interaction between two or more Users of the platform. This exchange of information is a mandatory part of the BidAvio Platform.
Legal ObligationsBidAvio may disclose personal information or User Generated Content, including location data or communication data, to a third party if required to do so by law or pursuant to a court order, warrant or subpoena. BidAvio reserves the right to disclose personal information from both private and public areas of the Site and the BidAvio Platform in the absence of a court order warrant or subpoena if we are given reason to believe, in our sole discretion, that someone is causing injury to or interfering with the rights of Users, the general public, or BidAvio or its partners, parents or affiliates.
It is our policy to provide notice to Users before producing their information in response to law enforcement requests unless (i) we are prohibited by law or court order from doing so, (ii) we have reason to believe the User’s account has been compromised such that the notice would go to the wrong person, or notice would otherwise be counterproductive or would create a risk to safety, or (iii) it is an emergency request and prior notice would be impractical (in which case we may provide notice after the fact).
You may opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners, remove your information from our database, choose to not receive future communications related to the BidAvio Platform, or cancel your account by logging on to the Site and clicking on the “Account” tab, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
During registration you choose whether to receive marketing correspondence from either BidAvio or its partners and whether you want to participate in a variety of BidAvio programs. This information remains on your Profile where you can, at any point, easily edit it to indicate that you have changed your mind. After logging on, click on the “Account” tab, then select “Notifications” to make your selections. We may occasionally contact you with information about special events, sales, activities, promotions, contests, submission opportunities and programs. You always have the option to ask BidAvio not to contact you with this information again.
If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscription communications may continue. Even if you opt-out of receiving promotional communications, BidAvio may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or BidAvio’s ongoing business relations.
If you receive unsolicited email from a BidAvio domain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org..
8. BidAvio's Information Retention Policy
We retain personal data for as long as you are a User in order to meet our contractual obligations to you, and for such longer period as may be in our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal information held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal information held by us;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to object to the further processing of your personal information, including the right to object to marketing as mentioned in the Choice/Opt-Out section above; and
- to request that your provided personal data be provided to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Where the processing of your personal information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time. You can also change your marketing preferences at any time as described in the Choice/ Opt-Out section above.
You can exercise your rights by clicking on the “Account” tab, then selecting “Notifications” to make your selections, or by contacting us at email@example.com..
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html ). The Information Commissioner is the supervisory authority in the UK and can provide further information about your rights and our obligations in relation to your personal data, as well as deal with any complaints that you have about our processing of your personal data.
9. User Generated Content
Providers who have provided BidAvio with any videotape, film, record, photograph, voice, or all related instrumental, musical, or other sound effects, hereby consent to our use of these materials as User Generated Content in accordance with Section 9 of the Terms of Service.
10. BidAvio’s Security of Collected Information
Your BidAvio account is password-protected so that only you and authorized BidAvio staff have access to your account information. In order to maintain this protection, do not give your password to anyone. Also, if you share a computer, you should sign out of your BidAvio account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
BidAvio expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to the BidAvio Platform.
11. How Can Users Update Their Information?
You can update your Personal Information at any time by logging in and clicking on the “Account” tab. There you can view, update and correct your account information.
So that we can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as your age, that you cannot alter yourself. For example, since children under 18 (UK) or 21 (US) are not allowed to register as Users, we need to take reasonable measures to preserve the accuracy of our Users' ages.
Our databases automatically update any Personal Information you edit in your profile. Information transmitted through boards, chats, polls or through any other means remains in our databases and becomes the property of BidAvio upon submission.
12. Notification of Changes
15. Contacting Us?
BidAvio's staff will respond to all requests sent through mail or email from Users with questions about privacy or the types of personal information is stored on the BidAvio database, or requests to nullify such personal information.